TOTAL TIME: 7 min
SERVES: Two servings
- 1/2 scoop MyProgressMD vanilla whey protein powder
- 8 oz unsweetened milk substitute (almond, coconut, ripple, hemp, flaxseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla natural extract
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 whole mango
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seed butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons canned unsweetened coconut cream or coconut milk
- Monk fruit with erythritol or pure stevia
- Cut mango. You'll need about 1/4 of the mango for topping the chia seed bowl, and the rest you'll be throwing into the blender. Set aside.
- Add the milk substitute, chia seeds, vanilla, and sweetener (optional) to a glass cup or a small bowl (preferably with a lid). Carefully stir until combined. Wait 1-2 minutes, then stir again to make sure ingredients are blended fully. Cover and place in the fridge at least for 1-2 hours.
For the mango purée:
- Add the mango to a blender with 2 tablespoons of water, coconut cream and MyProgressMD protein powder, blend on low until smooth. Add another tablespoon of water if needed. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Divide in two when ready to eat. Assemble in two mason jars or clear glasses. Transfer 3-4 tablespoons of the mango purée to each glass, then ⅓ cup chia pudding, another layer of the mango purée and repeat the process until finished. Top with diced mango, pumpkin seed or almond butter, and shredded coconut (if desired).
*40 days after surgery
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Mango chia pudding = 334.1 cal, 19.5g fat, 13.6g protein, 38.5g carbs, 12.45g fiber