TOTAL TIME: 15 min
SERVES: 6 pancakes
- 1 scoop MyProgressMD chocolate whey protein powder
- 6 oz unsweetened milk substitute (almond, coconut, ripple, hemp, flaxseed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla natural extract
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup natural cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Avocado oil spray or ghee for griddle
- ¾ cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, milk, stevia, avocado oil, and salt in a medium bowl
- Gradually whisk in the almond flour. Whisk patiently until very smooth and free of lumps.
- Add in the cocoa powder and protein powder. Whisk until very smooth. Finally, whisk in the baking soda.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or pan over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Spray with oil or grease lightly with ghee. Scoop ¼ cup mix of batter in the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the edges begin to look “dry.” Flip with a spatula, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup if desired.
*28 days after surgery
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Choco protein pancakes (1 pancake) = 158.2 cal, 11.8g fat, 9.5g protein, 6.6g carbs, 3.1g fiber